January 1, 2010

To Shift, or Not To Shift

Good heavens.
I ain't Shakespears & I can never be (I mean, write) like him.

Good heavens.
I just realised that I'm turning 21 this year.
Somehow, it seems like the time flows as the speed of light.
That beautiful, cherish figure of 20 had left me behind.
Oh, it's just too early.

The question is,
am I to change myself,
or, am I to stay the way it is now.

I want to be more matured.
I want to be more lively.
I want to make up for the smiles I've lost in the past.

On the contrary,
I don't want to be someone else.
An impersonator.
I don't want to lose faith on myself.
And I don't want to lose those that I love.

So, I'm back to square one.
To shift, or not to shift?

O Allaah, I take refuge in You from miserliness and cowardice,
I take refuge in You lest I be returned to the worst of lives,
and I take refuge in You from the trials and tribulations of this life and the punishment of the grave.
Aminn..

No comments: