February 13, 2010

As she, Lightning, strikes..


Ehem..ehem..
Testing, testing.

This post is written out of my..hidden passion. Eh. No. Just a dream. Really happy that Unisel finally have Japanese Culture Association of it's own. Hountouni arigatou Rosli Sensei! And finally I can meet people with the same passion as me, talking in Japanese, learning the Japanese culture, listening to J-Songs and stuff, AMG fans and of course, coplayers. The vice himself is a cosplayer and has a J-Rock band of his own. Pretty cool huh?

Ever since falling in love with these things, I've always wanted to try to be a cosplayer. Or a crossplayer if I were cosplaying male character. But it's kind of an expensive hobby. But to cut some cost, you might as well sew your costume. But, I'm no expert in that. But hey, girls with hijab rarely cosplay since the characters in anime, game or manga doesn't wear hijab. LOL.

However these few days, I have a strong tendency towards cosplay. Too much exposure, perhaps. And I really wanted to play as Lightning, the female hero of Final Fantasy XIII. She's so freakin' cool! So I started to search for the costumes and weapons on the net. Which..chocked me to death when I saw the price. And the weapon costs trice the costume. =_='


Being a cosplayer isn't just about showing off the costume. You have to BE the character. To talk, walk, and act like them. Now that's a pro. And I love Lightning because she's a strong, independent person. Yet, beautiful and graceful looking. And she doesn't talk much. Hehe.

Yeah, perhaps soon people are going to meet Lightning with hijab (instead of pink-blonde hair), dark eyes and all covered, I mean, courteous looking. ME! ;D Haha.

Oh. Cosplay Heroes Unmasked on Animax is starting!
Wuaaahhh!!! Kaname-san as Cloud Striffe!! Kakkoi!!!
Kyaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!>0<
[jumping]

"As far as fal'Cie are concerned, humans are tools. I'm not going to die for one of them." - Lightning


No comments: